Approved by AICTE, N.Delhi
Affiliated to Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University, Lucknow
(College Code - 033)
RKGIT CODE OF CONDUCT FOR STUDENTS
DISCIPLINE COMMITTEE -CODE OF CONDUCT FOR STUDENTS
RKGIT is a name synonymous with value-based education. The RKGIT Institutions aim to inculcate ideals and values that will help students to emerge as better human beings. In keeping with this ideal, RKGIT (MBA Institute) has adopted the following norms that are binding upon all its students.
This Code of Conduct prescribes standards of personal and professional conduct which the Institute expects to be maintained by all students.
The objective of providing the Code of Conduct is to provide a clear set of guidelines on how students are expected to conduct themselves in their day-to-day work and how they are expected to behave towards each other. Adherence to these guidelines will help in providing an open, tolerant and friendly atmosphere that is conducive to learning. It also aims to promote high standards of discipline this code attempts to achieve the following:
Conduct and Relationships
• Treat everyone with dignity, respect privacy and help those in need.
• Respect different cultures and customs.
• Oppose all forms of prejudice and be particularly vigilant against prejudice with respect to gender, age, ethnic, national or social origin, religion or belief, language, disability, political opinion, social or economic condition.
• Be sensitive to the rights of others.
• Avoid injuring others, their property or reputation.
• Avoid using words in oral, written or electronic communication that are unnecessarily aggressive or intimidating.
• Honor confidentiality.
• Maintain high standards of professional competence.
• Always identify the source of information to avoid claims of plagiarism.
• Familiarize with relevant laws (e.g. health and safety), and Institute policies, procedures and Codes of Practice, and act in accordance with them. CEOs/Corporate Executives, Senior Bureaucrats and other distinguished guests frequently visit the Institute. Students are requested to bear in mind that they are projecting an image of the Institute which has an enviable placement record with some of the best organizations in the country.
The disciplinary code of conduct is mentioned below in various clauses-
1. DRESS CODE
1.1 Boys: Trousers and Collared Shirts with Tie, Leather Shoes and Socks.
Girls: Formal Wear: Chudidar, Salwar Kameez, Sari, Trousers and Collared Shirts & Formal FootWear,Blazer in Winter.
1.2 On formal occasion, during special seminar and presentations and other functions, they are expected to wear Business suits, Girls can use saris also.
1.3 The Dress code which may be either formal, semi formal or uniform, the way the student dress should befit the institute that they represent and reflect the stature and the class of Institute. They shall not be permitted to wear revealing clothes.
1.4 Students not adhering to above will not be allowed to attend classes & will forfeit the attendance for the classes missed. For repeated violations after 3 warnings students will be suspended from attending classes for 3 days and the parents will be informed/called.
2.1 Every student must have actually attended minimum 75% of the total number
of lectures conducted in the class by the faculty. The student will not be eligible to appear for the examination if he/she fails to put in the required attendance.
2.2 Students seeking placements should have a minimum of 80% attendance.
2.3 The concession in attendance is meant to take care of medical leave and leave on personal grounds including the demise of immediate family. No attendance will be granted for any illnesses. Students may be granted 15% attendance relaxation on Medical grounds, on production of an appropriate Medical Certificate.
However in extreme cases, the expert doctor opinion and the HOD’s/Director’s discretion will prevail.
Absence from the Guest Lecture
2.4 Attendance for Guest lecture is compulsory. However, the institute will decide the minimum percentage required in order to accommodate for extraordinary situations. Students who do not fulfill the minimum requirement of 90% attendance in guest lectures, will not be eligible for campus placements.
3. IDENTITY CARD
Purpose: RKGIT urges students to understand the spirit of wearing of identity cards and to comply with rule as it is-
i) A symbol of belonging to a premiere institution
ii) A means of identification in the event of accidents, medical and other emergencies.
3.1 After admission and the commencement of the batch each student is issued an identity card by the Administration department.
3.2 The identity card will contain the student’s name, batch details, course details, and expiry date along with a recent passport size photograph duly stamped and signed by the authority.
3.3 Students are required to carry their identity cards at all times. They may be asked to produce the identity card on demand by personnel authorized for purpose of identification.
3.4 In case of loss of the identity card, a duplicate identity card will be issued on a written request subject to the approval of the Principal/ Director and on payment of applicable fee.
4. COMMUNICATION TO STUDENTS
4.1 Any changes affecting the students or class schedule will be communicated to the studentsvia the Notice Boards or other modes of communication. It is important that the students keep themselves abreast of any changes of timetable details and other announcements.